Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kenya...almost time

The count down begins....well I've been counting down for a while, but this Kenya trip feels like its around the corner. The next two weeks are going to fly by especially with Thanksgiving to keep me busy. My suitcase is almost packed..I've bought all the OTC items I can think of. I'm sure I'll be bringing more than I'll ever need- "just in case". I made sure to bring sleep aids! Last thing I want is to be awake for the whole plane ride...I also just bought Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts to keep me occupied during the flight.


A few things I hope to do before I go: learn some swahili, exercise, and try not to spend a lot of $.


I'm going back to the bay area Wednesday night, the 26th and coming back Sunday. I have work Monday and Wednesday, then off to Kenya at 555pm!






I've been praying way ahead of time for safety and all that jazz. This will be the first time I'll travel such a great distance from home without any family or close friends. Two weeks shouldn't be so bad, but I'll be aching for my asian/filipino fix when I get back home.




Flight info:
Dec 1st Depart LAX 555pm. Arrive in Istanbul, Turkey 5pm Dec 2 (only there for 1.5hrs)
Arrive in Kenya at 210am Dec 3.




The last stretch of 2011 is going to be crazy and exciting...stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment