Friday, December 2, 2011

on my way. Istanbul, Turkey stop

12/2/2011


in turkey its almost 1800 here. dark.
the plane ride wasn't bad at all, i watched two movies and had two glasses of wine. 


I arrived to milli's house around 3pm. it was a little chaotic. luggage all over the floor, milli was in the shower and the women were in the kitchen eating guava, like we
had no where to go.
my luggage was 8 lbs over weight so i had to redistribute some items onto my carry on and i left some stuff in my trunk.





there was a lot of waiting. waiting for everyone to get ready, waiting to leave, waiting in line and checking in 14 bags took quite some time. then when all of that was finally over, i felt like i didn't have much time before we boarded the plane. I made a few phone calls, bought water and it was time to go.


i'm lucky no one sat in the middle seat. perfect. everything went smoothly.

some people even had a whole row to themselves because the flight was not full.



here at the airport:
there's a one stall restroom, i asked the cleaning lady where another restroom is. she waved her hand in the air, didn't even look at me and yells "turkish, turkish". I pointed at the female restroom
sign and said "bathroom? restroom?" I wanted to find another restroom! seriously...she just walked away.





somehow a couple ladies ended up speaking with a man here from LA. he's attending USC for his masters in something. anyhow, it seems like he's just going to nairobi on a whim. he's meeting up with his friend's friend...they're friends on facebook. maybe we'll see him later on. I swear I can't do what he's doing. He's so brave to travel alone like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment