Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wamba Casa

As always...we start and end each day with a meal. Gotta love it!

On the night of the 7th, Wednesday...we made it to Wamba, in the district of Samburu. This was a long drive. Thank God, we made it with no problems!

We had the latest dinner ever- around 10pm. This place has electricity via generator between the hours of 6-10pm. The water is warm from the solar panels, and you're lucky to catch a drop of it after the sun goes down with our group taking showers.

Our new home during the day....










OH...I was dying to wash my hair! My goodness its been 5 days! I couldn't wash it in Muranga because the shower wasn't working at times. Oh the simple things we take for granted in America- water: clean water, running water, a flushing toilet, hot water. If you want your child to appreciate the little things in life, I think a trip to a 3rd world will do the trick! :)





















There are nets above each bed in our room. Automatically that makes me paranoid...but I didn't get any mosquito bites from here. The flies were the most irritating! they know exactly where to land on- your face! They know that would be the least likely place you would slap (really hard)....so that's where they land. haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment